What to Expect at Your First Visit
A first impression is everything, and at Greystone Smile Design we want your first visit to our practice to be welcoming, comfortable and fun. Our goal is to give you a bright, healthy smile that lasts a lifetime.
Our practice understands that your first visit to the dentist's office can be intimidating! The doctors and team at Greystone Smile Design want to make you feel relaxed about receiving dental treatment. We make it our goal to provide you with a beneficial experience that helps you stay healthy and happy.
During your first visit to Greystone Smile Design our team will:
- Take time listening to your concerns and expectations.
- Review with you your complete dental and medical history.
- Take pictures and x-rays of your teeth.
- Perform a complete examination of your mouth and jaw.
- Clean your teeth. *
- Discuss with you the different treatments we provide.
- Answer any questions you may have.
- Go over each of our flexible payment plans so you can choose which is best for you.
* If we find that gingivitis or more extensive gum issues are present, your cleaning may be rescheduled for another appointment. This is to ensure that we spend sufficient time with you to properly treat the areas, discuss ways to improve care at home, and answer any questions you may have.
Regular checkups are important for a healthy mouth and body!
After your first exam, it is important to continue scheduling regular checkups.
Regular dental checkups are very important! You should be visiting the dentist every six months or more if your doctor so recommends. Here are a few things you can expect at your regular checkup:
- Teeth cleaning: Your hygienist will perform a professional cleaning of your teeth. Special dental instruments are used to remove any plaque or tartar on your teeth, and your teeth are polished to make them appear brighter and smoother. Home care instructions are discussed so you can keep your teeth healthy and beautiful!
- Exam: After your teeth have been properly cleaned, your dentist will examine your mouth, teeth and gums. Your dentist will look for decay or early signs of gum disease, and also check all restorative work to make sure everything is performing properly.
In between checkups, it is important to take care of your teeth and gums. Be sure to brush your teeth at least twice a day, and floss at least once. This will help minimize the amount of plaque and tartar build up that can lead to tooth decay and disease. Your smile is a wonderful investment offering lifelong benefits!
If you have insurance coverage for your dental treatments, we can help you determine which portion of your insurance will cover your treatment. We will help in every way that we can to file your claim and work with your insurance provider on your behalf.
What to bring to your first appointment
The necessary forms for your visit to our Alabama practice can be downloaded and filled out at your convenience or completed at our office prior to your appointment.
- Patient Information
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Privacy Practices Acknowledgement of Receipt
- Our Insurance Policy
- Our Financial Guidelines
- Insurance card and any additional information.
Adobe Reader is required to view and print these PDF forms.
Your teeth are an important part of your body and keeping them clean helps keep your mouth and your body healthy. By taking care of your teeth, eating a balanced diet and visiting the dentist regularly, you can have healthy teeth and an attractive smile throughout your entire life!
Thank you for choosing Greystone Smile Design!
Experience exceptional dental care with amazing results at Greystone Smile Design, Birmingham, Alabama family and cosmetic dentist Dr. Trent Buchanan.
Greystone Smile Design • 140 Village Street • Suite 203 • Birmingham, AL 35242
Call (205) 981-7775
- About Us
- Dr. Trent Buchanan
- Office Location
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Family Dentistry
- Pediatric Dentistry
- Our Technology
- Smile Gallery
- Plastic Surgery
- New Patients
- Site Map
- Contact Us
Copyright © 2017 All Rights Reserved Privacy Notice